Thursday, March 20, 2014

Carpe Diem

I just wrote an entire post and Blogger ate it. It was a really good post, btw.

At any rate, my mood was greatly improved when I got home today and found a box on the dining room table containing this:

Fabrics from Fabrications Online... The fabric really arrived folded just like this in perfectly creased tissue paper.

The package arrived in less than a week and escaped the eye of Customs!

Here are a few close ups:


This navy wool twill, having 5-10 per cent stretch, has a lovely hand but needs to be washed a couple of times before I can determine how it's going to drape. May be best for a skirt or dress... Of course, the pic is over-exposed to show some semblance of colour, but in real life, it's a bit truer to navy - but a rich navy.


This salmon-shade rayon jersey is some of the nicest jersey I've ever felt. It's not too thin so it would make a great dress... It would also be perfect for the Issy top. It's more pink than the wool jersey I bought from Fabrications a while ago.


And finally, the taupey-beigey merino wool suiting with approximately 12 per cent stretch. Lord, it's gorgeous. The stretch factor is perfect and the fabric looks ridiculously expensive. I cannot believe it cost 18 bucks a yard. It would have been cheap at twice the price. I got the end of the bolt, I believe. (Sorry.)

Almost forgot to mention, you get 6 free swatches with every order and they're nicely presented (for ease of ordering):


So, there you go. It may still feel like winter, but this delivery warmed my heart.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are happy with your order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric always makes me feel better so I understand how good you're feeling right now! You got some great pieces there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a total high! Like eating cheesecake but the thrill lasts longer and it doesn't make me feel fat afterwards :-) Thanks C!

      Delete
  3. Sorry that blogger got hungry for your last post. It must have been a good one! Your fabric is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it drives me crazy when that happens... And thanks!

      Delete
  4. that moment when you unbox a fabric order.....aaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's all a crazy mystery until you unwrap the package!

      Delete
  5. Nothing like having a box of fabric (or shoes) arrive at your doorstep to brighten your day! That last one looks glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Gail! I have new shoes on their way too... (Post on them to follow!)

      Delete
  6. You need to come over to Wordpress! ;-)
    That salmon jersey is To. Die. For. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I probably do but that would take planning. And that jersey really is fantastic. I love it too.

      Delete