Friday, October 7, 2011

Spell it Out

In a strange turn of confluence, I read Sunni's post, inquiring about the importance of customer service on the very same day I was following up with Amy Karol (renaissance woman and Etsy proprietor) about the whereabouts of my latest web-purchase love-on: Balancing Facial Oil.

Whoa, there's a lot going on in that first paragraph...

Here's the backstory:
  • I love potions (as you probably know).
  • I love supporting small business.
  • I love Etsy.
  • I love organic stuff.
  • I love anything scented with rose and ylang ylang.
  • I love Amy Karol's blog.
Put them altogether and you get this:


So I ordered the oil, and anxiously awaited its arrival.

Three weeks later I was still waiting. (Canada Post really boggles the mind...) When I emailed Amy to follow up, I got the promptest - politest - reply a) apologizing for the delay and b) indicating that she'd send a replacement the same day. That's some awesome client service - and it further inclined me (pending product quality) to purchase a potion for all my peeps this Xmas. To extend the good will, I suggested that we wait a couple more days to see if the parcel would miraculously appear. Stranger things have happened here. And, lo, 2 days later - it arrived!

Upshot: The product is potion-y goodness. Smells terrific. Feels awesome. Helps the planet. (I'm kind of making that one up, but go with it.) Perfect Xmas size, shape and function. Woohoo!

The thing I love most about it though - and this says so much about me, I realize - is that it is incanted with an actual spell to enhance my beauty as I use it!? This potion is actually a potion!!! Only on Etsy, people...

Let me urge you to purchase one of Amy's facial oils for yourself (it's a very reasonably priced indulgence that feels/smells great and it's not full of hideous chemicals) and/or consider buying these for your friends and family over the hols. No one is paying me to say this. I'm compelled by good product and good service.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on what looks to be a great product - and with a beauty enhancing spell, no less! Mmm, I may just have to indulge…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potion and oil products for my face! I've been using a beauty serum from Lush that comes in a little bar. I especially love mixing oils like this with rosewater toners etc...I'm going to peruse Amy Karol's selection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea: Let me know what you think, if you take the plunge...

    LAP: This one is very good. Give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good stocking stuffer to me :).

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete