Friday, July 30, 2010

Panache

You know how I had to go back to Figleaves, to purchase the replacement bra for the one I'm going to rip the stitches out of - for science? Well, it occurred to me that I should buy myself a little something extra for good measure - to defray the shipping charge.

I opted for the Cleo by Panache Frances. Panache is a British company that's been around for at least 20 years. Cleo is a recent subsidiary, near as I can tell. It seems to be trying to hit the Freya demographic. Just look at the similarities in marketing.

At any rate, I'm not sure if the prices are very good on Figleaves (that happens) or if the brand is a less pricey, sister brand. The set was a ridiculously affordable 34 pounds (40pounds if you factor in shipping without my other items).

Admittedly, I don't know how it's going to fit yet, but my other Panache bras are amongst the best fitting I have found.

Here's a photo:



I know I've got a plethora of pink underwear. I don't know why I always gravitate toward the crazy patterns and the pinks. At least this one has cool lace and lilac elements. It doesn't scream "autumn", but then summer's going to be here for a while more, I suspect.

What do you know about Cleo by Panache? It seems to be very under the radar, at least in Canada...

7 comments:

  1. Haha, that's funny... you're sacrificing your bra in the name of science. Listen, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    I don't know much about this Panache label, but if you are giving it the thumbs up (oh, Queen of lingerie!) then it must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have one pink bra or panty. Do I have to hand in my girl card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing, but they are certainly pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyya,

    They are starting to filter their way thru Australia, they're not hugely popular. The fit will eighter work or it wont there is no in between with Cleo I find. The quality isn't as good as Freya hence the price point difference.
    But it is a very pretty bra :) Let us know how you go!

    Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous pattern! love the colors! FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mardel: Pretty, but cheap. See my latest post. They've gone back.

    Stac: See above, sadly!

    Bel: Well, if you have purple, that counts too :-)

    Stacey: Thank you!

    Renee: You called it! The quality is crap and the fit is weak. Thanks for your feedback.

    J: Alas, buy some pretty stuff by Freya. Don't bother with Cleo by Panache.

    ReplyDelete