Friday, January 25, 2008

Did I Mention I Love Cashmere?

I know, it's hardly cutting edge - but it can be edgy. The evidence: My newest addition to the K cashmere family - a knee-length, cool grey cardigan by Line. Unfussy elasticized ruching - that runs from the collar to the hem - endows it with a very modern appeal. And the tie that runs along the hem facilitates shortening this garment to a hip-length blouson. Admittedly, that's more how the kids are wearing it. Which is precisely what I love about this piece - It's so deliciously soft, so beautifully (which is to say slim-ly) tailored and modular. It says, you can be prim and sexy. And you can be warm!

Now the $400.00 pricetag kind of shook me. No joking, I do not buy retail if there's anyway around it. I went back to Mendocino 3 times over the course of about a month, each time observing the (already small) stock dwindle. Just before Xmas - when, arguably, I should have been saving for the loved ones - I caved and bought. But I am delighted to report that I have not had a moment of regret.

(Still figuring out how to take pics that aren't fuzzy so please stay tuned.)

2 comments:

  1. My girl freind loves them too,but she says some times there are cashmere sweaters that itch when u put them on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny:Thanks for finding a post so far from the past. I never find cashmere itchy. But angora is sooo itchy on me!

    ReplyDelete