Monday, January 13, 2014

In Brief...

My body is doing that full-spectrum, hurty-spasm thing and it feels like an ironing board. Seriously, just did an hour of yoga and I could barely move myself into actions that I normally take for granted. It's bizarre. It used to demoralize me but now that I have some idea of what's causing this, I can tolerate it. And I know when and how to apply the Advil.

Anyway, not up to much typing but I do need to tell you this:

Many of my de-stash fabrics have been sent off to good homes today. All that I offered up on the Stash Diet Swap page were claimed in a flash, happily, with the exception of two. Those two were small yardages and grey. Perhaps that combo isn't exciting.

At any rate, when they were still available this morning, I was surprised. I mean, they're lovely fabrics or I never would have bought them! They're in a neutral colour. They're each big enough to make a top, albeit not an involved one. I imagined the tops I could make with each - how I could use the Tencel as a contrast fabric for another yardage of the same Tencel I have in a different colourway.

And then it occurred to me. It's my freakin' fabric. I mean, no one had yet claimed it so, this morning, I simply deleted the photos from the group and reabsorbed each yardage into my stash.

And now I feel oddly guilty. Not about keeping my fabrics. I mean, I'm on a whole new creative track, what with having cataloged everything! But about showing them off and then removing them.

At any rate, I apologize if you were about to message me to ask about them, even though I sense you probably weren't. In the meanwhile, I'll be planning out some kind of sleeveless peplum or a dress with contrast neckline...

Almost giving stuff away is so illuminating.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reclaiming your own fabric! I hope it is oddly freeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was freeing! I realized that I'd been right to buy it in the first place. Man, I'm loving my stash right now :-)

      Delete
  2. But I wanted that fabric! Just kidding. You are too funny. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're body isn't cooperating with you today. Sadly, I missed out on your fabric destashing - but glad they were all claimed in short order.
    It seems everyone I've been reading is destashing or going on a stash-busting diet. Must be the new year.... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there will be more destashing in the future :-) It is a very popular concept this January. I wasn't even intending to get enmeshed in the topic, but I was sucked in!

      Delete
  4. Hope your body is co-operating today. And well done for falling back in love with your fabric. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm managing, a concept I'm sure you are familiar with... Thanks E.

      Delete