Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanks

In the spirit of (American) Thanksgiving - and, really, who can't benefit from either the message of this holiday and/or online sales - I will regale you with just a few things for which I am grateful:
  • I take back all the mean things I've been thinking about the Bettie Pullover. The designer is the loveliest woman, who yesterday helped me through the rough part, and gently suggested that the pattern takes a certain sort of "endurance" - well, ain't that self-aware? I still don't know if it will fit. I've decided to be surprised, kind of like having a baby. It really is a genius pattern, if totally beyond my experience. But as my father likes to say, an expert is someone who's done it once before.
  • Figleaves immediately reimbursed me for the return shipping on the Fantasie bra return/resend order that it messed up, not that I'm surprised. And then today the Royce Charlotte lounge bra arrived in the right size and it's seriously comfortable, totally pointy (like I love). This thing is so supportive, it's crazy. I could do an aerobics class and nothing would budge. It's not gorgeous, by any stretch, but it's great for yoga or lounging, that's for sure. You can totally wear it outside. I just don't think it's sexy enough to be worn under clothes, in the real world.
  • My online community, as I've said many times - and I just don't know how to express this adequately - is an awesome world of friendship and tremendous support. This fall has been hard for me, as you know, but your expressions of concern and optimism have braced and sustained me.
  • I continue to feel better each week! I'm sleeping enough, on a regular basis, so that my health can actually improve via rest. I am now able to eat most things, even though sugar isn't optimal. And, though I seem to have developed some kind of temporary allergy to wine (?!?!), which makes my throat swell in a rather unpleasant way, I can drink a martini (or spirits having no sugar) with no ill effects. The ulcers are going away, if slowly. Coughing is less omnipresent and less violent, and I have much more energy than I have had since late August. No, I don't feel 100% and may not for a while, but I feel so much better than I did 2 weeks ago / a month ago / 2 months ago that I marvel at this whole bizarre turn of events.
A propos of this, I never realized how much energy "normal Kristin" actually expends. She veritably buzzes with enthusiasm, ideas, desires, feelings, intensity and pluck. How I have been taking this for granted. I am so grateful to be me and for my continuing return to normalcy which, let's face it, is anything but normal. It's wonderful. So thanksgiving is alive and well in my heart.

14 comments:

  1. I'm thankful to you for providing us with your blog! I appreciate the inspiration and conversation.

    As an aside about the wine, it's possible that the sulphites or something else is irritating your throat. I know they can be a problem for asthmatics or people with hayfever/atopy - so hopefully it's just temporary while your respiratory system recovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat: Thank you!

      It might be the sulphates. I think it's a temporary allergy. I'm trying not to panic :-)

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I've had a few glasses, so perhaps you'll excuse that my spontaneous, unfiltered response to your last response is "Aw Sweetie!"
    Seriously, though, so pleased to hear that optimism creeping back in -- hope you'll soon be able to give thanks to being able to drink a glass of wine. Meanwhile, sounds as if you're pretty cognizant of what the good stuff is and how much there is of it. big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that response!

      And martinis are growing on me.

      Delete
  3. So glad you're feeling better! Your energy is palpable through the screen - it would take me all day long to blog as much as you do even when sick... Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully, I can't shut up. :-) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh, me too! Hope all is well with you and Liam...

      Delete
  5. I'm thankful you are on the mend. A dirty martini is always a good alternative to wine ;-)
    Keep feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS! I have my martinis with 6 olives and a little bowl of olives on the side. It's like a snack and a drink. :-)

      Delete
  6. You're such an encouragement and have such a great attitude. Glad you're getting better and have a content heart. I'm thankful for "knowing" you (smile).

    ReplyDelete