Thursday, August 12, 2010

Truth in Advertising

And now for a fashion item I haven't slaved over:

Second Denim Yoga Jeans: Style 18

While on vacation in Quebec, I scored these Canadian-made, Second Denim jeans for some ridiculously reasonable sale price (which for me is in the neighbourhood of $80), given they fit like a second skin and they flatter tremendously.

I mean, they accomplish everything you can hope for in a pair of jeans: perfect fit, total comfort, great wash, good lines. Appropriate for work or play. Y'all know the last thing in the world I'm shopping for is more denim (I have more pairs than days of the week), but the jeans, they find me!

My friend Nicole, with whom we traveled, concurred that they were too perfect to leave behind. (Ha, ha, get it? Behind??)

I have actually done yoga in these, fyi - admittedly, only for fun in a half-assed way (what's with the puns?) - so I assure you that you can totally move in all directions.

The one thing I'll say against them (if you can call this a complaint), is that they do lose their shape a little after 3 or 4 wears. Knowing this, I might have purchased one size down. Note: when first washed they fit like a glove.

Has anyone else tried this brand? Did you find it outside of Canada?

5 comments:

  1. Yeah a Canadian blogger.. well, I havent tried these but will look for them, they sound fabulous and dontcha just get annoyed when they stretch out like that!!
    Hi from Victoria.
    http://day2daywear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, never heard of the company. But the jeans sound like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of these but they sound really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi: Definitely try them. And I'll have to check out your blog...

    Sal: You would LOVE them. They're clingy in the perfect way. Great for women who don't wear jeans because they find them uncomfortable in the hip / upper leg area.

    Wendy: That would require me to feel willing to take a photo...

    Mardel: Love them...

    ReplyDelete